So I don’t do the “new years resolutions” thing because in my experience that’s just an extremely efficient way to make yourself feel wonderfully awful later. And really, aren’t there more than enough ways to do that in this world already? And yet still as the Christmas stuff gets boxed up and I sweep the latest little batch of pine needles up in the kitchen and I FINALLY get used to writing “2010” on stuff you really can’t resist thinking about what the next 12 months hold for you, right? Yeah. Right.
So here, for your eyes only, is what I’m going to try to do with 2010:
- Size 8 by my 40th. It’s possible, and not even impossible ever. It’s currently 3am and I just finished another hour on the bike here in my apartment’s workout room. See how dedicated I am? How serious? How possibly insane and/or nutsy? All these things are important for a true weight loss goal. (also The Queen told me about this cool weight loss app for the iPhone and we all know that anything is possible once there’s an iPhone App.)
- 200 sit-ups and 100 push-ups. There’s this whole work-out challenge thing online where they promise that you can, in six weeks, be able to do 100 push-ups and 200 sit-ups in a run w/out stopping or, SUPPOSEDLY, falling over totally dead. I’ve tried this. Actually I’ve tried it twice. Both times I get to the 5th week and do what we like to call “epic fail”. But dammit, I’m not giving up yet! (Later on. Later on I’ll probably give up. Like 2011 or something)
- Debt Free, Baby! OK, this is a little bit of a boondoggle because I can’t actually get completely debt free. I took almost 2 years of classes through the community college in my home town and owe monies from that, which I can’t take care if on a short 12 months. HOWEVER just about every other debt I have out there I aims to kill all dead and killed-like by the time I start over-spending for Christmas 2010.
- Keep up the blogging. No, seriously. What? Why are you laughing? Aw, c’mon guys! I’m not kidding!
- Build even more on this amazing “love” thing. I never saw this coming last year and I have a total of F*ck All bonafide experience in relationships. But I’m not going to let that stop me. This is the best thing to happen to me in… (doing the math)… (fingers don’t fail me now)… forever. Just plain forever. So the one thing this year I’m going to do, SO HELP ME DEITY OF YOUR CHOICE, is not mess this up. And if I’m smart I’ll even enjoy it.