Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Late Femtastic

In a word: bleah.

In more words, I feel crappy. I’ve felt varying degrees of crappy all day, with a migraine and general grossness. And all day long I’ve been sweating like I’m running a marathon even though I’m wearing a light shirt and running no “thons” of any kind. Needless to say I eventually took my temperature.

No fever, which is good.

Actually I was 96.8. Now I know that seems low, but you have to also realize that “normal” for me is a degree less than normal for most folks – I run 97.6 all the time. So I was only a little below my normal at about 2pm today.

Just now I got home from the Oscar bash and all, still feeling crappy, and I decided to take my temperature again (because still no thons, but yet still also with the sweating) and now I’m clocking in at 95.6.

So I have a theory (because seriously, when don’t I have a theory?): I believe that I died overnight in my sleep (which is a nice way to go, so I’m ok with that) but I have such a strong personality, not to mention a super-powered internal heater when I’m sleeping, that it’s taking me a long time to cool off completely. Or stop moving. Or stop t-a-l-k-I-n-g.

Based on my progress so far I’ll expect to finally cool off around Thursday, finally fall down about Friday and finally shut up… well, never. But two out of three ain’t bad. (do you think they can get a wireless signal to the morgue?)

No comments: